An RAF Regiment light anti-aircraft gun team man their Bofors 40mm LAA gun in a rain-sodden emplacement in south-east England.

Operation Diver

Intelligence sources had first reported in 1943, of the advanced work the Germans were carrying out on a variety of pilotless and guided weapons to bombard the UK and disrupt any invasion fleet from forming.

Front-right view of the Oerlikon 35mm anti-air gun

Oerlikon 35mm Anti-Aircraft Gun

2729 (City of Lincoln) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force Regiment was a Short Range Air Defence Squadron manned by Auxiliary Regiment personnel. It was equipped with the Swiss manufactured Skyguard radars and Oerlikon guns which were captured from the Argentine Forces during the Falklands Campaign of 1982.

Tigercat short-range anti-aircraft missile system outside the Heritage Centre

Tigercat Short Range Anti-Aircraft Missile

The Shorts Tigercat is the land-use variant of the popular and widely used Shorts Seacat anti-aircraft missile, developed and manufactured by Short Brothers, Harland and Marconi.

Bofors 40mm L40/70 anti-aircraft gun in a sandbagged diorama

Bofors 40mm L40/70

More complex and more effective than the 40/60 which saw distinguished service in WW2, the 40/70 served the Regiment well in many parts of the world from 1957 until 1978 and the introduction of the Rapier missile system.

25-pounder field gun

25-Pounder Field Gun

The 25-pounder field gun was a major British field gun during World War 2 that was introduced into service just before war broke out.

Smith Gun

Smith Gun

This gun was an ad-hoc design originating in the days after Dunkirk when the Army needed effective, cheap-to-produce weapons with which to stop a possible German invasion of the UK.

ML 3-inch mortar

ML 3-inch Mortar

This weapon served the British Army and Commonwealth personnel with the capability to lob explosive projectiles against enemy emplacements and troop concentrations.

Vickers medium machine gun in a sand-bagged diorama

Vickers Medium Machine Gun

The .303 Vickers MMG was used extensively by the RAF Regiment and its forebears in the Armoured Car Companies and Ground Gunner Defence Squadrons.