Front-left view of the Alvis FV603 Saracen APC

Alvis FV603 Saracen

The Alvis FV603 Saracen is a six-wheeled Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) used by the British Army and RAF Regiment mainly between 1952 and 1976, although some units retained them until the early 1980s.

Front-right view of a FV101 Scorpion

FV101 Scorpion

The FV101 Scorpion was the lead vehicle and the fire support type in the Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked), CVR(T), family of seven armoured vehicles. Manufactured by Alvis, it was introduced into service with the British Army in 1973 and served until 1994.

Front-right view of the Oerlikon 35mm anti-air gun

Oerlikon 35mm Anti-Aircraft Gun

2729 (City of Lincoln) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force Regiment was a Short Range Air Defence Squadron manned by Auxiliary Regiment personnel. It was equipped with the Swiss manufactured Skyguard radars and Oerlikon guns which were captured from the Argentine Forces during the Falklands Campaign of 1982.

Front-left view of a FV105 Sultan

FV105 Sultan

When the CVR(T) series of aluminum light armoured vehicles was designed, a full range of variants was considered including the FV105 Sultan command vehicle.

Front-left view of a FV106 Samson

FV106 Samson

When the CVR(T) series of aluminum light armoured vehicles was designed, a full range of variants was considered including the FV106 Samson Armoured Recovery Vehicle.

Tigercat short-range anti-aircraft missile system outside the Heritage Centre

Tigercat Short Range Anti-Aircraft Missile

The Shorts Tigercat is the land-use variant of the popular and widely used Shorts Seacat anti-aircraft missile, developed and manufactured by Short Brothers, Harland and Marconi.

Bofors 40mm L40/70 anti-aircraft gun in a sandbagged diorama

Bofors 40mm L40/70

More complex and more effective than the 40/60 which saw distinguished service in WW2, the 40/70 served the Regiment well in many parts of the world from 1957 until 1978 and the introduction of the Rapier missile system.

Front-right view of the Rolls Royce Armoured Car

Tin Can Trams

From 1922 until they were formally absorbed into the RAF Regiment in 1946, the Armoured Car Companies of the RAF provided an unbroken period of distinguished service throughout the Middle East. This service ranged from the fertile valleys of Iraq to the history rich settlements of Palestine, from the West Bank of Jordan to the barren hills of Dhala in Aden.

Ferret MKII Scout Car

Ferret Mark II Scout Car

The Ferret Mark II Scout Car entered service in 1955 with No. 10 (Armoured Car) Squadron of the Aden Protectorate Levies who were the first unit to be so equipped.

25-pounder field gun

25-Pounder Field Gun

The 25-pounder field gun was a major British field gun during World War 2 that was introduced into service just before war broke out.